Check the date of written decision/notification from your county or township - This appeal must be filed within 30 days to be considered.
Your appeal form:
- Must be completed in its entirety,
- contain the basis of your appeal, and
- provide evidence to substantiate your claim.
In general, residential appeals where a change of less than $100,000 in assessed value is sought can use comparable properties, (similar in age, construction, location and square footage) or an appraisal.
For commercial and industrial appeals, an appraisal is recommended.
- 3 copies of your completed appeal form must be submitted to PTAB's Springfield Office along with:
- 2 copies of your evidence (3 copies if the amount sought is more than $100,000)
- 2 copies of your Board of Review's original final decision letter