Check the date of written decision/notification from your county or township - This appeal must be filed within 30 days to be considered.
Your appeal form:
- Must be completed in its entirety,
- contain the basis of your appeal, and
- provide evidence to substantiate your claim.
In general, residential appeals where a change of less than $100,000 in assessed value is sought can use comparable properties, (similar in age, construction, location and square footage) or an appraisal.
For commercial and industrial appeals, an appraisal is recommended.
- Assessment Year appeals BEFORE 2016: submit 3 copies of completed form; 2 copies of board of review final decision OR 2 copies of a favorable prior PTAB decision; and 2 copies of all evidence. For assessment changes of $100,000 or more, submit all evidence in triplicate.
- Assessment Year appeals for 2016 and AFTER: submit 1 copy EACH of completed form; board of review final decision OR a favorable prior PTAB decision; and all evidence. If the total documentation is 500 pages or more, you must submit three collated sets of the documents.